[Mailman-Users] Queue problems

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Tue Jun 17 17:27:56 CEST 2008

Stefan Förster wrote:

> Not 100% related: What happens if my MTA does DNS validation and
> rejects addresses who yield an NXDOMAIN (as opposed to a SERVFAIL)
> with a permanent error code instead of creating a bounce?

You should turn off the DNS validation in the first place.

That said, I think Mailman should be able to handle a permanent error in the
correct way, by treating that as a bounce and handling it through the bounce
mechanism.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>
Member of the Python.org Postmaster Team & Co-Moderator of the