[Mailman-Users] Archives Forbidden

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 9 16:28:01 CEST 2008

And Bob Eager wrote (with a 'digest' subject):

>Who owns the folders? They (and contents) need to be readable by the user
>under which the web server runs. I was bitten by this last week...

Good point. In particular, the archives/private/ directory itself must
either be world searchable or owned by the web server user. A possible
mistake is to see the warning about o+x from check_perms and set o-x
without changing ownership per the installation manual. See the
warning box at <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node9.html>.

And if that isn't the solution, please report what's in the apache
error_log for the forbidden access.