[Mailman-Users] distributing of the mail is not ok

Stefan Förster cite+mailman-users at incertum.net
Mon Jun 9 11:22:35 CEST 2008

Am 09.06.2008 um 10:16 schrieb sfantar at snurf.info:

> I installed mailman. I created a mailing list to test if mailman works
> fine or not. Well, mailman seems alsmot to work but there is just a
> problem.
>
> Let's assume, I have a mailing list : "test". And the mail used for
> this
> mailing list is "test at lists.mydomain.tld", the members have to send
> their mails at test at lists.mydomain.tld, sure, this email exists, but
> if
> a member sends a mail to this address, the mail sticks with the folder
> of the email (/var/spool/vmail/lists.mydomain.tld/test/new/), and so
> the
> email is not distributed to the list.
>
> I didn't find a solution, I think this  is a problem with the
> configuration... Any ideas?

Obviously, you did not configure your MTA (Sendmail, Exim, Postfix) to
forward those mails to Mailman. Instead, the mail is delivered to the
correspondent maildir in /var/spool. Mailman integration for various
MTAs is described here:

http://www.list.org/mailman-install/mail-server.html

Cheers
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster     http://www.incertum.net/     Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
Mac OS X: Eating ~/.signature files since 2003.