[Mailman-Users] Email html editing

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jun 7 21:09:51 CEST 2008

On 6/7/08, Rob Voyle wrote:

>  I create an email newsletter.  What I need to do is create an HTML version
>  and a text version, that while having the same basic content are organized
>  to present the information in an intelligible form and doesn't radically
>  mess with final format. Most email programs I have looked at don't have the
>  option of separately editing the text and/or create lousy html

This doesn't really have anything to do with Mailman.  It can strip
HTML, convert HTML to text, etc..., but it doesn't do anything at all
on the generation side.  You generate your mail message using
whatever tool(s) you want, and then send that message to the list,
where it gets processed by Mailman.

One option for you may be to simply run two separate lists.  One is
HTML-only, the other is text-only.  Users get subscribed to whichever
list carries the kind of content they want, and you can carefully
craft whatever messages you send out in HTML totally separately from
the messages you send out in text-only form.