[Mailman-Users] default language per virtual host

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Wed Jun 4 05:10:38 CEST 2008

Is it possible to configure the language used for the listinfo and
admin overviews on a per-virtual-host basis?  Or failing that, to let
the user select a language in which to view these overview pages, as
can be done for the listinfo and admin pages of a specific list?  In
my case the overviews should be in English for some virtual hosts and
Dutch for others.

Funnily enough, before a recent "unintentional upgrade" to version
2.1.9 of Mailman (a disk crash after which the sysadmin installed a
new version of the OS) this seemed to Just Work, with the language of
the overview matching the preferred language of the virtual host's
lists.  But from a cursory look at Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py and
admin.py I don't see how that could be, so I may be misremembering.
Now the overviews are all in English (the DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE).

Thanks for any help,
Ray Hirschfeld