[Mailman-Users] Trouble setting up Mailman 2.1.9 Web Interface (FreeBSD 7.0 Ports)

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Tue Jun 3 21:25:29 CEST 2008

[mailed and posted]

On Jun 3, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Mark Hennessy wrote:

> I'm trying to get Mailman 2.1.9 working.

I'm running mailman on FreeBSD 7-RELENG installed through ports, also
with postscript.

>  I set it up with Postfix and as far as I can tell, e-mail and
> aliases are working and I'm able to create lists using the command-
> line scripts in mailman/bin, but whenever I try to control things
> through the Mailman web interface it seems to be ignored.

The ports install process does not configure your apache configuration
file.  You still need to do that by hand.

Did you follow the instructions in

  /usr/local/share/doc/mailman/FreeBSD-post-install-notes  ?

> I looked in the log files that live in /usr/local/mailman/logs and
> in the web server logs and mail server logs and find nothing of
> consequence to explain this issue.  I am able to go to the
> configuration web pages, log in with the passwords that I set at the
> command line, change form fields and submit the form.  When I submit
> the form, I get prompted twice via what appaer to be javascript
> popups regarding the data submission being non-secure (even though
> this is an https URL) and then get returned to the form page.

As already pointed out.  Mailman pages don't use JavaScript.  Are you
certain that you are really seeing the mailman pages?  Or maybe this
is coming from the browser?  What browser are you using?

-j