[Mailman-Users] MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE limit

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 31 18:19:33 CEST 2008

hone+mailman at oak.cats.ohiou.edu wrote:

>How would I set a MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE to 5MB, for example, for all lists? Or
>would this need to be done in the MTA?

#!/bin/sh
f=`mktemp`
echo max_message_size = 5000 > $f
cd /path/to/mailman/
for l in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
bin/config_list -i $f $l
done
rm $f

>I would leave the DEFAULT_MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE to 40 KB, but don't want list
>owners to set it to 0 (unlimited).

Then you'd have to edit Mailman/Gui/General.py to remove that setting
from the page. I.e. remove or comment these lines

    ('max_message_size', mm_cfg.Number, 7, 0,
     _('''Maximum length in kilobytes (KB) of a message body.  Use 0
     for no limit.''')),