[Mailman-Users] Membership change notifications

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 30 04:01:37 CEST 2008

Yang Zhang wrote:

>Hi, is it possible for either admins or moderators to receive email
>notifications whenever the list membership changes?  I can't seem to
>find this option, at least in the mailman hosted by SourceForge.  Thanks
>in advance!

I'm not sure what Mailman version is currently hosted by SourceForge. I
know there was discussion a couple of years ago about moving from an
old 2.0.x release to the latest 2.1 version, but I don't know if that
happened.

In Mailman 2.1.x, the setting is admin_notify_mchanges near the end of
the Notifications section on the General Options page. This causes
notices to be sent for subscribes and unsubscribes, but not for
address changes. Address change notification has been implemented, but
it requires a new message template for the notice, so it is deferred
to 2.2.