[Mailman-Users] header showing in message body, moderation notifications

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 29 04:46:01 CEST 2008

Michael Welch wrote:

>Well, it probably will be no big deal, I had the whole list on Emergency Moderation until folks got used to the switchover from Topica. I turned that off this morning, and very few of the members are on individual moderation.
>
>Hmmm, do you suppose there is something in Emergency Moderation that causes individual moderation notices to not be sent?

Absolutely. Notices are intentionally not sent for Emergency Moderation
holds. The docstring for the Emergency Moderation handler says:

"""Put an emergency hold on all messages otherwise approved.

No notices are sent to either the sender or the list owner for emergency
holds.  I think they'd be too obnoxious.
"""