[Mailman-Users] Problem with Underscores

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Jul 27 14:05:09 CEST 2008

I'm running Mailman 2.1.8 and have encountered a problem with email
addresses starting with underscores.

Using a python script to show list members, the first three members of
a list are:

  6louisc at example.com
  _santasal at example.com
  a1bformk at example.com

Using mailman's admin interface, web page

  http://localhost/mailman/admin/mylist/members

has the following:

  219 members total, 1 shown
  [6] A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z

Note that the script shows a user whose name begins with an underscore
but the admin interface indicates names beginning with "6" and "A" but
none with "_".

Is there a patch that fixes this?  If not, I'll create one if
somebody can point me towards the admin module that determines the
"6ABC..." list above?

Regards,

David