[Mailman-Users] moderation rejection notices, etc.

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jul 26 00:22:00 CEST 2008

Michael Welch wrote:

> OK, maybe you can lead me to the specs for 7th edition mbox format.

Formal specs?  No.  But you can see the page at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbox> for an informal discussion of the subject.

> But I think that if I can get a blank line in front of the "crap" that it
> may import OK.

A blank line isn't going to help.  You need to replace the "???@???" crap
with the appropriate information.  In fact, what needs to go there should be
the contents of the "Return-Path:" header, just without the angle brackets.

> Or else maybe I have to move the From: header to the first line of the
> message, delete the Eudora "crap," and make sure there is a blank line
> before each message in the file.

No, you can't delete the "From_" line, because that is the only delimiter
that is used to separate one message from the next.

Before you start mucking about with this, I would encourage you to read up
on what Eudora screwed up, so that you'll have a better idea of what you
need to fix.