[Mailman-Users] MailMan Pending Requests not being removed.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 23 19:45:12 CEST 2008

Gunville, Vincent wrote:
> Cron is saying that there are 26000 pending requests.
> But when you go into the gui there are 10, or however many come in that
> day.
> Most of them are junk, so you remove them.
>
> The next day cron sends and email saying there are 26010 requests.
>
> This is happening for only one list.
> The rest of the lists are working fine.

This problem comes up on the Mailman-Users list from time to time, and
in every case for which a resolution is reported, the notice is coming
from a different Mailman instance.

It may be that you have a unique stiuation. The fact that the number
increments is certainly unusual but my guess is still a parallel
installation that may also be receiving posts to this list.

Check the Received: headers in the notice to see at what host it
originates. Then as root on that host, do

find / -name checkdbs -print
find / -name request.pck -print

To see if you can find where these messages are coming from.

You could try to move the lists/<listname>/request.pck file aside for
this list in case there is some possible corruption there that's causing
this. It's OK to just move it aside. It will be recreated.

I really doubt that there is any problem with this request.pck. If there
were, it would show up when you run cron/checkdbs by hand.