[Mailman-Users] Users get email, but admin messages are not sent

Russell Horn albanach at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 18:41:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I migrated my mailman installation to a new server. I had some initial
teething trouble updating the list URLs but that's taken care of.

All my lists work with regards to the web interface, adding/removing
members and sending posts to the list.

What does not work, however, is admin emails. Messages regarding
pending subscription requests, posts needing moderator approval etc,
they never even make it to postfix. The mailman smtp log doesn't show
anything other than list posts. The error log has no entries in the
past week, so nothing useful there that I can see.

/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py contains:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mail.mydomain.com'
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'
DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
SMTPPORT = '25'

I don't see any problems there.

Can anyone suggest any other reason that might be stopping my admin
messages from sending?

Thanks,

Russell