[Mailman-Users] Message stuck in <list>.mbox after archive re-installation

Roger Price rprice at cs.uml.edu
Sun Jul 20 23:41:52 CEST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> But you neglected to back up <mailman>/archives/private/club.mbox

Aha! - a real n00b mistake. I wrongly assumed that club.mbox was
transient incoming stuff.

> So now you have the list and its pipermail archive, but you don't have the
> cumulative club.mbox/club.mbox file containing the archive as a mbox.

Luckily I made this mistake on a modest list with few members and
little traffic.

>> Then I sent a small message to the list.
> It got distributed or you wouldn't have received it. It also got archived
> which is why it's in <mailman>/archives/private/club.mbox/club.mbox which is
> an archive and has nothing to do with message delivery. All the past messages
> should be there too except you didn't back them up and restore them.

Ok, This is very helpful.

If a message goes out correctly, what does this look like in
<mailman>/logs/smtp ?

Thanks again for the help,
Roger