[Mailman-Users] Renaming lists - how to change the list "real_name" afterwards

Aidan C A Hopkins aidan at wemail.info
Thu Jul 17 18:46:59 CEST 2008

I have renamed two GNU Mailman lists using the four "mv" commands in the
middle of the following FAQ:

  http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030617

When I go back into the new admin screen, the list name in the first box
still shows "oldlist" and needs changing to "newlist".

I get this error if I try to do so on that screen:

  Error: real_name attribute not changed! It must differ from the list's
name by case only.

I was expecting this to happen, so presumably there is a further edit
needed to change the list real_name - which is of course referenced in
the footer lines of admin and listinfo screens, and appears in the list
of lists also.

I have done various searchs on the Wiki/FAQ without success. Any pointers

will be much appreciated.

TIA

Aidan

--
A C A Hopkins               | T: 01344 430023
Wemail                      |
VIRGINIA WATER, GU25 4RD    | E: servermgr at odg.org.uk
The addressee should satisfy him/herself that this message
contains no virus nor other harmful content (which could
have been generated without the knowledge of the sender).