[Mailman-Users] Error During Attempt to Unsuscribe

Dylan Jenkinson djenkins at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Jul 17 01:08:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been trying to unsubscribe some people recently via an webpage of
my creation. When I want to do the unsubscribe I use the following string:
http://[server]/options/[list]/[email]?unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1&password=[password]

This works, but sends out an unsubscribe message which, for my purposes
is unwanted. So I went on to use the following string to try to
unsubscribe without the messages:

When I try this by just typing it into the address box in my browser it
comes up with a page that says "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9", and when
sent from the webpage, it does nothing.

I'm wondering, can anyone tell me if I'm doing the second unsubscribe
right, or if I'm wrong, what it is I need to change to make it right? Or
a way to make sure that no unsubscribe messages go out when I use the
first method?

Thanks,
Dylan Jenkinson