[Mailman-Users] www interface

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Wed Jul 16 18:29:05 CEST 2008

On 16-Jul-08, at 11:25 AM, Michael Welch wrote:
> Dragon wrote at 08:06 AM 7/16/2008:
>>> Does there exists some extension/add-on for mailman that would
>>> enabled the www discussion interface? So that its possible to
>>> read/write contributions both with emails and www interface? My
>>> admin keeps telling me that nothing is like that and I cant
>>> believe him.
>> No such thing exists. Mailman is an e-mail list manager, not a web-
>> mail solution like Yahoo or Google groups.
> I think this would be a great feature to add, so folks could check
> and post online, without using their ISP's web mail. I run several
> Topica lists, and we have many list members that choose "No Mail"
> and regularly go to the archives to view others' posts, respond, or
> post. For whatever reason, they prefer to not receive emails from
> the list.

Actually, this is on my personal mailman to-do (and has been for
months) but I've got a couple of other things that I want to get done
first so it might take a while.

On the bright side, I *did* finish what I wanted to do with the FAQ,
mostly reorganized what I wanted from the documentation, and the
website is nearly ready to go, so it's getting closer to the top of
the list again. :)

  Terri