[Mailman-Users] mailman servers coordination: find spammers

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Mon Jul 14 19:25:08 CEST 2008

I often see addresses popping up and subscribing to all visible lists on
my servers.

Sometimes they're a curious individual, and most times they are spammers
harversting addresses (as these are open only to admin).

I wonder what the coding "price" would be, if it can even work with
mailman, to create a central trusted DB which watched subscription trends?

1. It could be used for security.
2. It could fight spammers on the mailman front.
3. If we deal with the security and privacy implications of the first
two, or want a constructive cause--collect cool trends and provide with a
mailing lists index by tag words and activity. Think technorati..

This of course, is just a neat idea. Thoughts?

Thanks,

 	Gadi.