[Mailman-Users] mailmanctl holds ssh window open

Rohan Carly se456 at rohan.id.au
Mon Jul 14 04:04:31 CEST 2008

I am experiencing a problem when I restart Mailman that I don't understand.

If I login as root via ssh and then run:
	/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl start

It says "Starting Mailman's master qrunner." and return to a shell prompt.

Fine. But when I exit, the terminal window is stuck open. This doesn't happen
when restarting other daemons on my system such as Apache.

If I restart Mailman from the console and then exit, it behaves as expected.
Also restarting from the console in X works normally. The problem seems to be
limited to ssh / Putty (windows client).

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

--
Rohan Carly