[Mailman-Users] Strange problem with one mailman list

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Thu Jul 10 20:37:29 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone:

I am seeing a strange problem with a particular list on our server. We run
mailman on a cpanel box in a virtual host environment. The MTA is exim.

We are having a problem with one list on this server. It seems whenever the
list sends out a welcome message or an unsubscribe notification to a member,
it is appending -owner to the e-mail address. It will be something like
name-owner at domain.com when it should just be name at domain.com. This problem
does not affect any other list on the server, just this one particular list.
Also this issue only happens on subscribe/unsubscribe notifications. Posts
sent to the list are sent out fine.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Regards,
Brian