[Mailman-Users] Feature Request: Selective Mass Subscription

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Thu Jul 10 05:09:56 CEST 2008

   Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 22:54:59 -0400
   From: "Jim Popovitch" <yahoo at jimpop.com>

   On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Cyndi Norwitz <cyndi at tikvah.com> wrote:
   > Obviously, I disagree.  As do all the other mailing list providers that I'm
   > aware of.

   Not me.  If I were setting up a Mailman system that allowed un-trusted
   users to admin lists, then I would remove the bulk-subscription stuff
   ASAP.   Just saying.

I appreciate your input.  I am curious what other server owners/ISP's do.
>From the talk on this list, it would seem that any restriction on what
listowners can do is considered a violation.  Yahoogroups allows 10 direct
adds per day and makes you click a couple extra links to find the right
page.  I believe the other large mailing list providers are similar.

Assuming you ran a system with users you didn't know well enough to judge,
what sorts of options would you consider implementing?  If any...

Cyndi