[Mailman-Users] Bounce Message, ReturnPath/ErrorsTo issue

Michael Kabot mkabot at soarol.com
Thu Jul 3 18:22:23 CEST 2008

(To the list this time !)

Mark,

Thanks for the quick response and pointers to the right place in the code.

I have left Plesk managing the Mailman lists to try to keep continuity on my
server.  It looks like Plesk is not doing a good job of properly configuring
Mailman or the lists.

The following is an excerpt from my mm_cfg.py

	from socket import *
	try:
 	   fqdn = getfqdn()
	except:
 	   fqdn = 'mm_cfg_has_unknown_host_domains'

	DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = fqdn
	DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = fqdn

	add_virtualhost('lists.[DOMAIN1.COM]')
	add_virtualhost('lists.[DOMAIN2.COM]')
      [ADDITIONAL LINES FOR EACH OF THE HUNDREDS OF DOMAINS I HOST]

If there is no 2nd parameter to add_virtualhost, will it create one from the
1st parameter?  I checked, there are no duplicate add_virtualhost lines.

It looks like getfqdn() is where the WRONGDOMAIN.COM is coming from.

Either way, I would rather have a bounced bounce message go
postmaster@[SERVER.COM] than a domain specific email address or the
mailman-bounces address.  Looks like I can "affect" that in the owner code
given my Mailman configuration.

Thank you for your assistance !

Mike