[Mailman-Users] Mailman group on LinkedIn

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Thu Jul 3 17:40:17 CEST 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:
> That's fine for an unofficial group, but did you contact the maintainers
> of the Mailman project to get approval to use the graphic?

Well, I didn't specifically ask permission ... but I kind of assumed
that, since Mailman is GPL, the logo fell under the same license.

> The Official Mailman group for LinkedIn is at
> <http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/134678/7C9AFD40B231>.  As far as I'm
> concerned, you're welcome to keep your unofficial group if you like, but
> this one will be maintained by me and others who provide official
> support for the Mailman project.

If I knew the group existed, I would not have created mine.  LinkedIn
really needs to get their act together and create a group directory or
search function.

I assumed that such a group did not exist because I found Barry's
profile on LinkedIn and didn't see such a group reference on his profile.

david