[Mailman-Users] Python process size grows 30x in 8 hours (memory

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Jul 2 07:21:01 CEST 2008

On 7/1/08, Fletcher Cocquyt wrote:

>  Fletcher Cocquyt
>  Senior Systems Administrator
>  Information Resources and Technology (IRT)
>  Stanford University School of Medicine

BTW, in case it hasn't come through yet -- I am very sensitive to
your issues.  In my "real" life, I am currently employed as a Sr.
System Administrator at the University of Texas at Austin, with about
~50,000 students and ~20,000 faculty and staff, and one of my jobs is
helping out with both the mail system administration and the mailing
list system administration.

So, just because I post messages quoting the current statistics we're
seeing on python.org, that doesn't mean I'm not sensitive to the
problems you're seeing.  All I'm saying is that we're not currently
seeing them on python.org, so it may be a bit more difficult for us
to directly answer your questions, although we'll certainly do
everything we can do help.