[Mailman-Users] Changing base URL for HTML GUI

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 28 17:23:08 CET 2008

Terry Allen wrote:

>	Outstanding - many thanks Mark, worked a treat. A shame with
>the years of list archives I would have to go back & do a huge batch
>edit to remove the hostname from the archives, but they can stay that
>way, too much work. The URL will be correct now anyhow.

You can fix the archives automatically, but there are caveats. You fix
the archive with

  bin/arch --wipe listname

This rebuilds the HTML archive from the
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file.

The caveats are:

1) You need to check the archive for unescaped "From " lines in message
bodies which confuse bin/arch. bin/cleanarch can help with this.

2) Rebuilding the archive may result in messages being assigned new
message numbers which will result in any existing, saved URLs of
archived messages becoming invalid or retrieving the wrong message.