[Mailman-Users] spamassassin sendmail virtualusers and mail lists

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sat Jan 26 21:29:40 CET 2008

Hi there Shane and Mailman list users.

this is a great idea indeed but the last part of the delivery to mailman
aint working and trying to figure out a work around to keep the gid set
to mailnull.

I am getting the error "Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.
Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group
"mailnull", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "wheel".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
"mailnull", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
`--with-mail-gid=wheel'."

any clues how I can get my specific procmailrc file to run the mailman
mail-wrapper with the group mailnull.  Is there something funky I can do
to my /etc/groups ?  Maybe I could recompile my program with the mailman
  wrapper with two mailman gids?

Why does the entry:

friends-owner:        "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner friends"

in my /etc/mail/aliases.mailman work fine without a group error message
in /var/log/maillog?  weird?

Here is the script that calls the mailman mail-wrapper proggie:

--- snip ----

# cat /usr/local/etc/procmailrcs/friends-owner.rc
#procmail recipe for getting rid of high-scoring mail-list spam

:0fw
*
|/usr/local/bin/spamc -f

:0e
{
    EXITCODE=$?
}

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Level:.*\*\*\*\*\*\*
/usr/local/mailman/mail/spam-mail

:0
*
|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner friends

---- snip ----

Here are my mailman compilation settings in /etc/make.conf

--- snip ----

MM_USERNAME=mailman
MM_USERID=89
MM_GROUPNAME=mailman