[Mailman-Users] Personalization default

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 25 23:23:46 CET 2008

Richard Pyne wrote:
> I can't seem to find any way to set the personalization default. I want to
> set the default for new lists to Full Personalization. Is there a
> reasonable way to do this?

There is no configuration setting for this. You'd need to modify the
InitVars() function in the Mailman/MailList.py module to set personalize
to either literally 2 instead of the current 0, or better, change the
current

        personalize = 0

        if mm_cfg.OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION:
            personalize = mm_cfg.DEFAULT_PERSONALIZE
        else:
            personalize = 0

and add

DEFAULT_PERSONALIZE = 0

along with appropriate documentation to Defaults.py.in (or Defaults.py),
and then put your desired setting in mm_cfg.py.