[Mailman-Users] two mailman installations..

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jan 24 04:33:54 CET 2008

On 1/23/08, Khalil Abbas wrote:

>  the question is, is there a way to prevent duplicate subscriptions?
>  because people subscribe to my newsletter by email sent to me, then
>  I collect all the emails and use the mass-subscribe option in the
>  web interface.. and some subscribers may exist in the first server
>  and not in the second one so that they will recieve the same email
>  twice.

There are no built-in features in Mailman to prevent duplicate
subscriptions across different servers.

If you keep the official subscriber list in a back-end database and
then you use sync_members, you should be able to split the list of
subscribers and use the database to ensure that there aren't any
duplications.