[Mailman-Users] Outgoing qrunner stops working and outgoing mails get stuck

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 23 21:25:40 CET 2008

SP wrote:

> Good suggestion: I have to wait for the problem to appear again, but as
> soon as it jumps out I will post here the logs... the only problem is
> that in fact I don't know exactly when the runner stops working: I
> can only check the oldest message in the outgoing queue and conclude
> that mailman get stuck *earlier* than the time of that message (and, of
> course, after the last correctly sent message, but my lists are all low
> traffic lists, so the gap may be quite big...)

The first thing I did when I got mailman set up was to create a private test list so I could
send as many test emails as I pleased without bothering anyone on the real lists.  I still use
it from time to time.  Would you be able to create a test list and push some extra emails
through to boost the load on mailman?  It should help you reproduce the problem sooner.

HTH - Tim