[Mailman-Users] Change -owner addresses

Joakim Nömell joakim at nomell.se
Wed Jan 23 11:51:46 CET 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Brad Knowles wrote:

> On 1/17/08, Joakim Nömell wrote:
>
>>  Hi all. I have just upgraded my system to MM 2.1.9 and wonder if it is
>>  possible to change the -owner-addresses to something else? The reason is
>>  that we receive a lot of spam after 3 years use. We already have
>>  spam-filters.
>
> Go to the main web admin page for your list, type in a different address in
> the second field, the one for the listowner address(es), then hit the "Submit
> Your Changes" button at the bottom of the page.  It's pretty simple.

Sounds easy, but what happends with the old list-owner-adress for this
list? I guess it still goes to admin or does it generate a user unknown if
I change this address? I want to generate user unknown for the -owner
aliases so they don't go into the system at all.

Joakim Nömell     Tel  : 070 771 31 00     MSN  : joakim at nomell.nu
Unix engineer                              Web  : http://nomell.se