[Mailman-Users] start script started reporting errors

Myron Kowalski myron at cs.moravian.edu
Mon Jan 21 18:25:50 CET 2008

I created a list that I wanted confirmation on. When I tested it, I
didn't get anything.
After poking around, I found that parts of mailman seemed to have stop
working
last week. I can't seem to remember doing anything that would have
cause this, but
nonetheless something happened.

The qfiles/virigin has a thousand messages that aren't going away. And
when I
start mailman by hand I get the following errors that repeat 4 or 5
times.
 From these errors, can anybody guess as to what may have happened?

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
     main()
   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
     qrunner.run()
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 65, in run
     filecnt = self._oneloop()
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 93, in _oneloop
     msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 156, in
dequeue
     data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 262, in
_ext_read
     dict = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
     main()
and so on....

--myron
Myron Kowalski