[Mailman-Users] run mailman commands..

Khalil Abbas khillo100 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 20:11:18 CET 2008

hello all..

I have a dedicated server with CentOS installed.. I need to perform some mailman commands without going thru the administrative interface that doesn't work due to an 'internal server error' message..

now mailman commands are installed here:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin

for example I need to run the ' list_members listname' command but it keeps telling me that this is not a command.. although I logged in as 'root' not as the regular user name ..

can you please write the exact syntax that allows me to put the members of a list called "dailymail" (without the quotes)in a text file using the list_members command?

I also would really appreciate the exact syntax of the command that allows me to mass-subscribe the emails in a text file and adding them to same list called "dailymail"? .. and also the syntax that removes a bunch of emails in a text file from the list ..

I'm no linux programmer or something, do I need to put a certian thingy before each command to run? like "run list_members" or should I use some kind of code, in other words, what is the exact syntax or way that allows me to do the tasks above?

thanks a million..