[Mailman-Users] Same list name, different domains...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 17 23:03:14 CET 2008

Sean Butler wrote:

> My question now is, that when I run genaliases, it changes the virtual
> mailman file back to hrca_board@ instead of just board@, so does that
> mean every time I need to run genaliases, I'm going to have to manually
> make this change?

Yes.

But why do you want to run genaliases?  Normally this is only required
to sync your aliases and virtual-mailman files after perhaps making
configuration changes of some kind. Normal list creation and deletion
should just update the affected entries in these files, and will not
change the board at hrca.org entries back to hrca_board.