[Mailman-Users] English the best language

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Thu Jan 17 23:01:14 CET 2008

It is my understanding that on the administrator panels, picking a
site language other than English means more than perhaps some stale
message stings. It is more like one is imperiling their site to a half
blended years old version of the entire software.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1861600&group_id=103&atid=100103

So my question is is this a common strategy: though I could pick
language X from the administrator panel like I want, I still choose
English there, but leave X installed for users to still choose, if
they so dare or don't know better.

And how much damage would that cause if they did choose X, assuming I
made sure listinfo.html subscribe.html options.html subscribeack.txt,
i.e., the only pages in language X I can edit on Dreamhost, had all
the missing buttons etc. added back by me.

Or maybe I should not allow them to choose X at all. Hope they can
read English.