[Mailman-Users] Mail Processing Problem?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 13 03:44:08 CET 2008

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>Here the from hostname is 'dap002.bellsouth.net' instead of
>'home.bellsouth.net', that is not to say I know this is the problem
>but its all I can see as different. Obviously mailman is somehow
>overriding the normal from hostname and building its own. The name
>'dap002' is the LAN hostname but I cannot use that as the from
>address to my ISP. My ISP has a special hostname for situations like
>this that will properly resolve via DNS although it is a dummy name
>for all DHCP assigned IPs. My mm_cfg.py has these 2 lines referring
>to the hostname but obviously they are not what is being used in this case:
>
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'home.bellsouth.net'
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'home.bellsouth.net'

These will affect list attributes at list creation time but not
subsequently. You can run fix_url to fix the list but in this case,
that isn't necessary. In this case, all you need to do is go the the
list admin General Options page and change "Host name this list
prefers for email." (host_name) from dap002.bellsouth.net to
home.bellsouth.net.