[Mailman-Users] Bounce Problem, mistyped address

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Fri Jan 11 10:52:58 CET 2008

Hi,

I've been using mailman now for several years and have migrated my lists from
Redhat-9 to Centos-4 and Centos-5. They all seem to be working OK

I'm seeing the following errors in my mailman logs

smtp log

 Jan 11 08:00:01 2008 (13841)
<mailman.0.1200038401.5565.gsd at mail.csidmzs.ul.ie> smtp to gsd for 1 recips,
completed in 0.029 seconds

smtp-failure log

Jan 11 08:00:01 2008 (13841) SMTP session failure: 553, 5.1.8
<gsd-bounces+gsd-owner=mail.csidmzs.ul.ie at mail.csidmzs.ul.ie>... Domain of
sender address gsd-bounces+gsd-owner=mail.csidmzs.ul.ie at mail.csidmzs.ul.ie
does not exist, msgid: <mailman.0.1200038401.5565.gsd at mail.csidmzs.ul.ie>

Now I know the problem mail.csidmzs.ul.ie is incorrect. It should be
mail.csisdmz.ul.ie. I presume during one of the migrations I must have
mistyped something. But does anybody have any idea of where mailman is
picking up the mistyped address and how can I sort it out.

Regards,

Tony