[Mailman-Users] Restoring Lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 9 02:21:23 CET 2008

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>At 08:09 PM 1/7/2008, you wrote:
>
>I am confused.
>
>At least I'm not alone. :-)
>

>Your original post said "Well, mailman works but it does not recognize
>any of my old lists. How do I get Mailman to see the lists again?"
>
>Correct.
>

>Now you say bin/list_lists shows your lists.
>
>Correct.
>

>Please try to be more specific about exactly what does and doesn't
>work, and what happens in the non-working cases.
>
>When I try to access lists/admin via the web it ways there are none
>defined.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.062.htp>

>When I try to send a message to a list, nothing noticeable
>happens other then logs showing it was delivered to the correct
>mailbox.

Mail to a list should not be delivered to a mailbox. It should be piped
to a command such as "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post listname"

Do you have aliases for all your lists in
/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases*? (Try running
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases)