[Mailman-Users] subscribe_policy

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Mon Jan 7 20:20:11 CET 2008

And charlie derr <cderr at simons-rock.edu> replied:

> Looks like ban_list under Privacy Options will do what you desire.

The problem with this solution, I believe, is that when the list owner
attempts to subscribe someone manually, that subscription attempt will
not be allowed due to the ban_list.  I do not know what would happen
if the list owner temporarily removed the ban_list, did the manual
subscription, and then re-instituted the ban_list.

What I would do in response to the original question is set the list
to "confirm and approve".  If I were to see a subscription attempt,
then I would either approve the subscription or tell the attemptee
that subscriptions are not allowed.  For a list with this configuration
I most likely would not have the list advertised.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov