[Mailman-Users] Variables in welcome message are not replaced

Stefan Burkard sburkard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 00:24:35 CET 2008

Hi again

I posted the following about two weeks ago. Can anybody help me with this one?

Thanks
Stefan

plesk-based hosting) and have a strange effect.

 When I subscribe a user from my address by using the email-command
with the optional "address=<user-address>", the user receives the
confirmation-message without problems. BUT if the user replies to the
message (to confirm), he gets a welcome-message with the
variable-codes instead of the real values.

When the user himself does the same procedure (obviously without the
address= option, that is not needed in this case), the welcome-message
looks just fine.

I tried the same with the mailman-users-list itself and it worked, so
I think this is not a bug - at least not in the actual version. I am
using version 2.1.5.

Can anybody help me with this one?
Regards
Stefan