[Mailman-Users] Cron jobs posted by non-member in mailman

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jan 5 08:26:06 CET 2008

On 1/4/08, Vicki Stanfield wrote:

>  I am receiving all output from mailman cron jobs as requiring moderation
>  ("Post by non-member to a members-only list"). I would guess that this is
>  a file ownership issue, but I can't seem to resolve it. It happens with
>  all my lists. Can someone help me find the solution?

This particular message just means that a user tried to post a
message to one of your lists, and they were not a known subscriber.
The list in question is set up to moderate posts from
non-subscribers, and so this message is generated.

As far as this goes, there's nothing wrong with this process.  This
is exactly what Mailman is supposed to do under these kinds of
circumstances.

If you want to change this configuration to operate in a different
manner, you've got a wide variety of options available to you, which
I hope would be adequately explained in the documentation, the FAQ
Wizard, etc....