[Mailman-Users] Restoring Lists

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Jan 1 04:23:41 CET 2008

On 12/31/07, Dennis Putnam wrote:

>  I had a disk failure and had to restore my Mandriva system from
>  backup. Everything seems to work except Mailman. Well, mailman works
>  but it does not recognize any of my old lists. How do I get Mailman to
>  see the lists again? TIA.

Assuming you had your entire /usr/local/mailman/* hierarchy backed
up, it should be a simple matter of restoring that hierarchy and then
stopping and restarting Mailman.

Of course, there's also going to be integration bits with your MTA,
your webserver, etc... that you are also going to need to restore or
re-do, but that's not part of Mailman per se.