[Mailman-Users] Problems starting mailman

Svancara, Randall rsvancara at wsu.edu
Fri Feb 29 22:16:09 CET 2008

To all:

I have configured mailman on Solaris 10 working with Postfix.  I am
currently receiving the following error message while trying to start
mailman:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/local/software/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 547, in ?
    main()
  File "/local/software/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 389, in main
    lock = acquire_lock(force)
  File "/local/software/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 213, in
acquire_lock
    lock = acquire_lock_1(force)
  File "/local/software/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 205, in
acquire_lock_1
    hostname, pid, tempfile = get_lock_data()
  File "/local/software/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 173, in
get_lock_data
    pid = int(parts[-1])
ValueError: null byte in argument for int()

I know this has something to do with creating or accessing lock files,
however, I do not understand why.  As the mailman user, I can
create/access files in the data directory.  I think the permissions are
ok?

Anyone have any suggestions?

--
Randall Svancara