[Mailman-Users] New Mailman Installation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 29 02:39:22 CET 2008

Mike - W0TMW wrote:

>I've just started Mailman on a new Fedora 7 box.  It's been quite a
>while since I used MM, my previous box ran on RH9.
>
>There are some things that I need to be refreshed and I haven't found
>them yet in the docs.
>
>1. When creating a new list, must the maillist mail addresses be created
>manually? Can they be aliased to existing e-mail addresses?

No they can't be aliased to existing addresses. Whether there is a
manual process or not depends on your MTA. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.019.htp>,
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.049.htp>
and <http://mailman.sourceforge.net/mailman-install/node13.html>.

>2. I seem to remember that MM could be configured for broadcast only,
>i.e., for announcement to a fixed audience.  I don't see that option in
>the admin screens.  How would MM be configured for this use?

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>.