[Mailman-Users] Mailman DNS Issues

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Feb 28 23:13:21 CET 2008

Ki Song writes:

 > The only error message I get when starting my server is the following:
 >
 > NameVirtualHost myipaddress has no VirtualHosts mailman

I don't know what the trailing "mailman" is about, but the above
basically means that as far as Apache is concerned you don't have any
"named" hosts.

If you have a NameVirtualHost directive for an IP address, all
configuration of the document tree outside of a VirtualHost directive
will be ignored; you won't have anything to serve to browsing
clients.  I thought the documentation implied that would apply to the
ipaddress too, but apparently you got lucky on that one.

See the Apache documentation for how to set up virtual hosts.