[Mailman-Users] Moving a list from 2.1.9.CP2 to 2.1.9

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 24 16:52:03 CET 2008

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

>Ok, thanks for that.  Is that going to make things more complex to
>transfer the list, as this machine is hosted by the ISP, and I think
>they only use the web interface to access the configurations for
>websites, email accounts etc.  If I do get shell access, as this list is
>running on the CPanel environment, will various directories be different
>etc?

A bit of this (where to find the files) is answered at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

There will be other issues. One of the cPanel mods is support for lists
of the "same" name in separate virtual domains. This is done by
actually naming the list listname_domain. I'm not sure of all the
steps required to move a cPanel 'listname_domain' list to a non cPanel
'listname' list, but
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.070.htp>
may help.