[Mailman-Users] Pipermail URL handling in archives

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Sat Feb 23 03:13:01 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Dov Oxenberg <boxenberg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Please pardon me for butting in, I will be the first to admit I am probably
> the least qualified to give an opinion here, but....
>  :-)
>  It seems to me this is a DNS issue, no?  Simply because the trailing
> character, be it a comma or period, more or less represents "root" as far as
> DNS is concerned.  If you have a form front end it should not be that big a
> deal to just "trim" the period or comma from the URL.
>  Or am I just totally out of touch here???

:-) Well, tell that to those who live in a point-n-click world.   Yes,
manually removing the comma or period (or any other sentence forming
punctuation character that immediately trails the URL) will work,
HOWEVER that doesn't work for search engines when pipermail includes
the trailing mark within the html anchors.

-Jim P.