[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Thu Feb 21 02:36:03 CET 2008

This wouldn't be a problem if they just applied a filter to that person's
e-mail address but to block an server's IP from sending any e-mail to all
their users? <shudders>

The really bad situation is when an e-mail forwarder that is setup on my
server that forwards both legitimate mail and spam (when it makes it through
my anti-spam system) to their AOL or Yahoo account and the user then clicks
that wicked "spam" button and inadvertently reports my server as a source of
spam. It's a tragic case of mistaken identity and none of the major e-mail
providers are willing to come up with a system that doesn't target the
middle man.

> I would hope that any service that does this would make it simple for
> senders to get reports of this so they can try to address people's
> problems. I think AOL does, although I haven't tried to sign up for
> their feedback loop.

AOL is very easy to get on their feedback loop and they have at least
demonstrated a willingness to work with a mail administrator.

> Certainly Yahoo doesn't seem to make it easy (although I just submitted
> their request form, we'll see), and it is not easy (so far impossible
> for me) to get on Microsoft's Junk Mail Reporting Partner program.
> --

Wait till you get Yahoo's response asking you to add every single domain
name you want a report on, to a text file along with its domainkeys. For a
hosting company that hosts thousands of domains, such a request is
ridiculous. AOL does it by the IP address not by domain.

Regards,
Brian