[Mailman-Users] Need ability to allow emails with specificsubject line

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 19 21:44:09 CET 2008

Savoy, Melinda wrote:

>I am working with a CGI form that I am calling from a PHP page.
>
>So I'm not sure how I would implement an Approve <password> option on
>the form.  Hope that makes sense.

See the additional_headers argument to the php mail() function at
<http://us2.php.net/function.mail>.

<rant>
Also note that the note on that page which says "Note: If messages are
not received, try using a LF (\n) only. Some poor quality Unix mail
transfer agents replace LF by CRLF automatically (which leads to
doubling CR if CRLF is used). This should be a last resort, as it does
not comply with » RFC 2822." was written by someone with a poor
understanding of the difference between a message "on the wire" and a
message in the local system. With php on a *nix server, the proper
termination is LF (\n) only which is the *nix end of line convention
and which is appropriately translated to CRLF (\r\n) for transmission
on the wire.
</rant>