[Mailman-Users] Need ability to allow emails with specificsubject line

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Tue Feb 19 20:49:23 CET 2008

When I have had forms on my web pages, I was shocked by just how many of
the submissions were spam.  I could never figure out if a human took the
time to fill out all those little text boxes or if there was a generator
somewhere.  Sometimes the boxes were filled randomly and sometimes they
were done coherently.  More than half the submissions were total spam.

I strongly recommend that you do not set things up to post from a website
automatically.  I see that you are talking about forms distributed in
email, but the chances for spam are still there.

It takes some time to screen them all but it is worth it IMHO because even
one spam really pisses people off and makes a huge mess.

Cyndi