[Mailman-Users] Dumb question from a newby

quinnten at cheerful.com quinnten at cheerful.com
Tue Feb 19 06:26:51 CET 2008

This is a question from a complete novice so don't humor me with "there's no such
thing as a dumb question".

Beckground:
I worked in IT for many years back in the days of DOS 3.3, Lotus 1-2 -3 and Word Perfect.  I've even had the fun of being the sole Administrator of a Novell Netware network (no bosses) back in the dark days of computing.

Question:
Not being happy with the new fangled and pre-packaged Yahoo Groups, I'd like to manage my own mailing list. I like to do it myself. Once upon a time I stumbled across a web-based interface for creating a Mailman mailing list.  I even set up a prototype kinda list as a Newsletter (with nobody able to post except me/the owner).

Then other passions consumed me. I had a problem with alcohol that I'm proud to say I have under control. But for the life of me, I cannot remember where on "World Wide" Web  I did this.

Any help given would be appreciated. In the absence of such help, can anyone refer to a a *GOOD* place to start as far as getting started? This newsletter is very important.  Although this list is exlusively for Mailman... are there any other suggestions? Or is Mailman a good place to start for someone who is a little bit familiar with batch files, scripts, CPL's for the AS/400 and such?

ThanX,

Want an e-mail address like mine?